Fri, Mar 25|
A Quiet Weekend of PRS
Suppressed .223 and 22lr PRS shoot Friday .223, Saturday 22lr, (Sunday is the back up day for 223) 2 tickets required
Time & Location
Mar 25, 2022, 8:00 AM – Mar 27, 2022, 5:00 PM
Whangamoa, 158A Lower Flowers Rd, Whangamoa 7071, New Zealand
About the Event
Suppressed .223/5.56 PRS shoot
Friday .223, Saturday 22lr, (Sunday is the back up day for 223)
2 tickets required
Join us at the range for a “quiet“ weekend of shooting. YES, suppressors are required for these two matches.
Both competitions are 7 Stages from in the range.
Round Count: Approx. 70-90 rounds + misses (for both 223 and 22lr)
TWO Divisions: Open and Production
· Similar to the Australian PRS requirements - NZ does not have standards yet.
· Rifles will not exceed a calibre of .30 or a velocity of 3,200 fps.
· Put simply; if a gunsmith (or you) has done any “truing” or “accurizing” you are open class.
· Values are based on PRS AUD + 20%
· Rifle shall not exceed $3,900 NZD RRP.
· The optic shall not exceed $3,300 NZD RRP.
· The price will be determined by averaging 3 advertised prices from reputable NZ retailers.
o Honesty system, we won’t be checking but if your squad mates do and you’re over, you will be bumped to OPEN.
o If you’re unsure feel free to ask.
· Production Division rifles will not exceed a calibre of .30 or a velocity of 3,200 fps.
Two divisions - either Bolt or Semi Auto.
· Open: 1st Place - TBC
· Production: 1st Place - TBC
· Random Major spot Prize - TBC
· Random Minor spot Prizes – TBC
· 22lr Bolt 1st Placs - TBC
· 22lr Semi 1st Placs - TBC
2 tickets required see below.
Note annual members of the range get a discount on your entry fee, make sure you are logged in to apply it.
The Range will be open for sign-in and sight-in from 7am for those who travelled from outside the Region to get here and it will be open from 8am for locals (Marlborough, Nelson, Tasman) for sign in only.
BYO Lunch. BBQ and prize giving will be on Saturday afternoon (or sunday if delayed)
· We have no mobile reception, set Hori Bay Bridge into your google maps before you leave town. https://goo.gl/maps/7cthXs5nb75UVQeq5
· From Hori Bay bridge follow the signs 2km to the Range
o 4x4 not required but expect a dirty car
· Peak View Retreat www.peakviewretreat.co.nz
o All shooters can book in a holiday at the retreat year-round with a 10% discount when you use the promo code “creedmoor”
- Its locked out on the website for this weekend but if you would like to book in for this comp email email@example.com with a copy of your shooting ticket.
o In the neighbour’s paddock at the front of the range is available - $20/p/n.
o Self-contained is preferred but there is a toilet available at the range.
Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking:
· Smoking is strictly banned due to the fire risk, vaping is permitted in the carpark(s).
· Alcohol and Drugs are prohibited on the Range, firearms should be LOCKED away if you choose to consume alcohol at either at the Retreat or Camping AFTER shooting.
· Option 1: Get wet and if cloud cover prevents shooting then the effected stages may be cut or modified.
· Option 2: last minute sever weather – shooting will be moved onto the Sunday.
· Option 3: COVID round …9? under the traffic light system we will be under the numbers to operate safely - travel may be restricted for some and if you are affected you can transfer your ticket to someone else.
Suppressed .223 day
+NZ$3.00 service fee
Friday shoot (backup day is Sunday, Saturday is for 22lr)
+NZ$3.00 service fee0
Suppressed 22lr day
+NZ$1.00 service fee
Saturday shoot - no back up day - if its wet you get wet :)
+NZ$1.00 service fee0